[Oe List ...] CALL TO ALL 10 13 2018

Milan Hamilton mellowmilan2 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 12:11:10 PDT 2018

CALL TO ALL 10 13 2018
Bringing it back home! I should not neglect my beloved adopted home state of California. I am donating to two progressive women candidates who are in tight races hoping to replace a couple of “Trumpeters.” Below their profiles I have listed five courageous campaigners who are not bound to win their districts but who are stepping up and are young enough that we have not seen the last of them!

CALIF. 25TH DISTRICT
Competitive race
Katie Hill (D)
Former advocate for the homeless
Hill, a former advocate for the homeless, earned early backing from Emily's List and defeated several Democrats in the primary. She identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community, and will take on Rep. Steve Knight (R) in November. Hill is a first-time candidate.

CALIF. 45TH DISTRICT
Competitive race
Katie Porter (D)
Law professor
Porter earned the earliest-ever in-cycle candidate endorsement from Emily’s List, a progressive organization that boosts Democratic women who support abortion rights. She will face Rep. Mimi Walters (R) in the general election.
Porter is a first-time candidate. She faces a female opponent in the general election.

Christine Russell, Dist.18
Julia Peacock, Dist. 42
Jessica Morse, Dist. 4
Tatiana Matta, Dist. 23