[Oe List ...] CALL TO ALL 10 11 2018

Milan Hamilton mellowmilan2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 23:11:06 PDT 2018

CALL TO ALL 10 11 2018: it just got through to me that the opponent of Stacy Abrams for governor of Georgia has been for several years suppressing black voters from his position of power over voter registration in Georgia. So—-I am calling on my friends to support Stacy in her historic campaign. I made my donation to Stacy and also found two worthy women candidates running in tight races to represent Georgia in Congress.

GA. GOVERNOR
Competitive race
Stacey Abrams (D)
Former Georgia state House minority leader
Abrams would become the first female governor of Georgia, as well as the first African American woman to lead any state. She will face Secretary of State Brian Kemp (R), a Trump-like candidate who won a primary runoff.
She faces a male opponent in the general election.

GA. 7TH DISTRICT
Competitive race
Carolyn Bourdeaux (D)
Professor and former Director of Georgia’s Senate Budget and Evaluation Office
Bourdeaux is running on a platform focused on education and health care.
Bourdeaux is a first-time candidate. She faces a male opponent in the general election.

GA. 6TH DISTRICT
Competitive race
Lucy McBath (D)
Gun control activist
McBath has been a gun control activist since her son was shot and killed in 2012. She has said she was inspired by the Parkland students’ activism to run for Congress, and campaigned with Hillary Clinton as part of the “Mothers of the Movement” in 2016. She is running for the seat that Democrat Jon Ossoff narrowly lost to Republican Karen Handel in a 2017 special election. McBath is a first-time candidate. She faces a female opponent in the general election.

Sent from my iPad