[Oe List ...] FYI: Film "Atomic Homefront" free to watch through March 18

Ellie Stock elliestock at aol.com
Thu Mar 1 09:43:28 PST 2018

Hi Folks,

Greetings from St Louis!

This is the documentary film in which Carleton Stock has a 5-10 second cameo appearance--about the Westlake Landfill that is contaminated with radio active waste and being threatened by an underground fire from a neighboring landfill in Bridgeton.  It was shown on HBO a couple weeks ago.  The Westlake Landfill is a few miles from us and we have attended meetings about the issue.  The EPA recently made a decision to partially remove the waste, but residents say that is not enough.

Perhaps you have had similar environmental issues where you live.  Another good documentary dealing with local communities' trying to address environmental issues is "We the People 2.0".

Also just rediscovered:  "Seventeen Principles of Environmental Justice," written by the First People of Color Environmental Leadership Summit in 1991--still very relevant:  www.ejnet.org/ej/principles.html

Ellie :)
elliestock at aol.com

from Union of Concerned Scientists. In case you haven't seen it yet:

Please be sure to watch the film Atomic Homefront, which can be viewed for free now through March 18, 2018 on HBO’s website.