[Oe List ...] Racism+at+our+Core:+The+Divided+United+States

isobeljimbish at optusnet.com.au isobeljimbish at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jun 20 05:10:38 PDT 2018

https://progressivechristianity.org/resources/racism-at-our-core-the-divided-united-states/
Dear colleagues, as a long time resident of your country and  one who dearly loves it, I send this to ask how does this sit with you.?
I lived in Cleveland Oh in 1960/1 in a black ghetto on the east side. Jim was a  pastor  in a storefront Church. There were absolutely no white people at all. Our  parishioners  were simply marvellous to me  especially  when I had our daughter Rebecca. Then we lived in Chicago West side and north side, 1973-81 Returned briefly  in 82 briefly ditto  in ‘96.
We spent Summer ‘68 on the West side just after the riots and the assasinations earlier that terrible year.
This matter of racism is absolutely our # 1 issue here. Our hearts are so scarred and we will never be at peace until our indigenous community enjoy every right and responsibility that we whites and all immigrants enjoy. A deep abiding healing Treaty is called for NOW. Our  Government  has little guts ( my view and I don’t ask anyone to agree w me. )
In peace and love,
Isobel Bishop

Sent from my iPhone