[Oe List ...] Earthrise @ 79

Randy Williams randycw1938 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 16:33:14 PDT 2018

John,

I can certainly commiserate. I will be 80 if I make to December. I’ve managed to avoid most of the medications, but I am aware of several “rites of passage” of sorts—hearing aids a few years ago, knee replacement a year ago and the sudden realization that I seem now to have more hair on my ears than on my head. Among the new insights that seem to come only with aging, I’ve become aware that at some point my focus has begun to shift from quantity to quality. I try to adhere to a regimen of physical exercise and maintain a healthy diet. But it tends now to be motivated more by the desire to live “well” than to live longer. It’s also interesting to note that I seem to have a little more control over the former than I do the the latter, but control is less an issue than going with the flow. I guess that too is part of the process.

So may we and all like us be well,
Randy