[Oe List ...] Spring Sojourn Invitation

Timothy Wegner tim at tswegner.net
Mon Feb 12 20:24:18 PST 2018

Jean Long asked me to send this along:

ICA Global Archives SPRING SOJOURN

April 22 (arrive) – April 28 (depart)

*WHAT NEXT?*

*TASK:*   Create enticing forms to make our wisdom appealing on the new
Archives                    Website.

Working in small teams we will work in several arenas:

1.     Website structure  continuation

2.     Indexing 40 video stories taped during Fall Sojourn

3.     Creation of storyboards (templates) and videotaped “elevator talks”
for specific collections (program arenas) to make the material interactive
and enticing

4.     Begin work on indexing the content of 60 JWM talks.  Thanks to
Michael May these have been transferred to CDs and need table of contents
for each

One of the gifts of this gathering is that we can also share what
colleagues are doing in their locations to carry on “the mission”.

Cheap flight sales are on now.  No previous archive experience needed.
Early registrations get a choice of rooms near bathrooms.

*PARTICIPANT PRACTICS:*

Location:       ICA Greenrise Building Learning Laboratory  (aka  Kemper
Building)

                        4750 North Sheridan Road

                        Chicago, IL   60640

Sleeping rooms on the 8th floor – Couples - $45.00;   Singles – ($30.00 per
bed)

Food - $25 per day for 3 meals (Monday through Friday)

Parking fee -  $7.50/day:  $45.00/Sunday - Saturday

Registration fee - $30.00 to cover conference materials and expenses

To register:  e-mail reception at ica-usa.org

For additional information, contact Jean Long (720-633-5008)
Jean.long512 at gmail.com