[Oe List ...] OE Digest, Vol 81, Issue 8

Lawrence Philbrook icalarry at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 16:23:00 PST 2018

Dear Dick

Thnak you for the witness

At the Asia gathering we had a dialogue about Mission purpose and values

This week we continue this focused on ICA Taiwan  one line in your witness spoke to me about one key uniqueness in our expectation of ourselves
I think the core of the core is the ability to give a witness.. to stand present to one’s life and the amazing things revealed or that happen to one…the mystery at work in one’s life.

Yesm One of the core values/responsibilities to sustain and continually rediscover is that this journey is a choice I make with my life and choose to join others in that calling and to share my experience.

In the last 3 weeks I have taught two Spirit of Facilitation programs one in Taipei, including colleagues from around the Region and Taiwan, and the second last week in Beijing.  In each we explored Responsibility as the tension between Freedom and Obligation, how that shows up as a facilitator and in our lives.  One requirement of this sharing is that we as trainers witness as to how this experience shows up as a struggle in our lives.

Lat night one of my co-teachers said to me “I found this SOF in Beijing a breakthrough in my understanding of myself as a Christian and as a facilitator. My responsibility is not a burden it is a choice.”

Merry Christmas and Happy new year

With love and respect, Larry

Sent from Mail for Windows 10