[Oe List ...] Sermon on Perfect Love that Casts out All Fear

Dawn Collins collinsdawn747 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 18:08:50 PST 2018

Was in attendance online for a sermon given back in June of this year that held my attention and reflection over these past few months. Oh, I learned something new that Sunday and it brought a new take (to some perhaps) of the trip to the "other side" of the sea of Galilee taken by Jesus and the disciples after some sharing of teachings of parables and miracles that day with the multitude of townsfolk which overtook them before they could cross over to the other side..
I am not so jaded as to think I have nothing to learn from church, yet I do feel grateful for the immersion in the Word as part of the worship service I receive as an old friend.
And then came this eye-opener last June that I still carry with me to this day as a real "ponder this" occasion.
.So worship began that Sunday, June 24th  by Rev. Phil Campbell recently retired from Northern Light United Church in Alaska with words from 1st John...God is Love...Perfect Love casts out all fear. There is no fear in Love. Let us gather together in Love. The opening hymn, as usual, This is the Day that the Lord has made in English and Tlingit. Then came the Welcome followed by the singing of "Awake, Awake", the Lord's Prayer.  and the reading of  Mark  4:35-41.
Sermon on Perfect Love

Needless to say, Children's Time started with the question from Pastor Phil,  "Have you ever been afraid?"