[Oe List ...] Don Cramer

Walter Kargus wak3 at wowway.com
Wed Aug 29 10:00:31 PDT 2018

Thank you Marshal

Don was a great person and we will miss him..

A story and experience I have with Don during the Summer Research assembly in 1970. That was the summer we wrote the book on the Local Church.
Not only did we write the book we were to print it also. In order to do that we had to typeset the document. Don had to arrange an inkind from IBM the typeset machines.
We got behind in the typesetting so Don invited the IBM Salesperson to come and see what we were doing. The IBM Rep had the tour and was amazed at how many people knew how to operate the machines. He said "It takes us 6 months to train people." Don replied 'we have trained them in 3 hours." The Rep was amazed. We got the type setting done in house and the use of a bank's machines downtown after hours. At the final Plenary Don introduced the Sales Rep and tells the story of what he had done for us and the Assembly gave him a standing ovation.

So we wrote the 36 Tactical books, printed them and then we bought them. A great summer with Don.
Walter Kargus