[Oe List ...] Don Cramer

Nancy Lanphear nancy at songaia.com
Sun Aug 26 14:20:08 PDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,
I received a call from Martha Dempster and Leah Early, sharing the news of
Don's death. Just the night before the phone call, I had a dream of Don and
Fred.  Their images were strong but when or where this event of the dream
was, I've lost it. However, Don's image has since come again in such strong
ways.  Don's mountain climbing stories continue to flow through my memory,
stories about life that came from his climbs, and the drama that he
provided in telling the tales.  His voice, he loved to sing, I share that
passion!  One other very strong memory,  Don, along with Regine Izerta from
the Cleveland House back in 1970, was assigned ( perhaps self-assigned) to
encourage our family to intern in the Cleveland House.  We had already
decided to do so but not until fall of 1971, making the Academy our
preparatory activity in January 1971.  Don, and Claudia continued to play a
significant role in the life of the Lanphear family as so many of us showed
up in the Seattle area after the late 80's. Thank you Don!

with love,

Nancy