[Oe List ...] Penance is required

Randy Williams randycw1938 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 10:21:14 PDT 2018

When the question becomes “What is necessary for the institution to survive?”, be that the Catholic Church or otherwise, that seems indicative of the perversion of “institutionalism” we railed against in the RS-1 church lecture. My suspicion is that those of the Catholic hierarchy who are guilty of the attempted cover-up were doing so because their focus was on the survival of the institution. Suggestions as to the reformation of the priesthood may be and probably are on target, but are relevant only within the context of the deeper question of, “What must the Catholic Church do to rediscover and re-engage in its historic, God-given mission?” Without that, why does it need to survive?
Randy