[Oe List ...] Have you been watching the Vietnam series on PBS?

Isobel and Jim Bishop isobeljimbish at optusnet.com.au
Sat Sep 30 23:07:05 PDT 2017

Dear  beloved community,

Thank you for your sharing.

Our country suffered  severely also, in that War.

We have  to this day, very wounded Vietnam Vets, as we call these very brave people.   I reckon mostly men, ( would be helped if someone here gave me information about how serving women were affected. ) Australians  back here treated the Vets so

disgracefully after they came him.  I don't  want to discuss the pain of these returned Vets.

We here were ashamed of how we treated them in later years. We lived in the US all that time, and here there was huge, enormous resistance to even going to the War.

Please never again.

In peace and love,

Isobel Bishop.

On 01/10/2017, at 8:00 AM, Sherwood Shankland via OE <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net> wrote:

> Thanks, Herman
> My resistance to the draft took the form of a religious deferment as prior of the Cleveland religious house...
> I have been to the Wall 3 times. The first time I was jolted by the vast expanse of names. I wept for an hour. Eunice and Robert tried to understand my response and I too tried . On my second visit I looked up my high school classmate, Jim Rizzo, who had died in action and touched his name. Tears again and a start toward acknowledging the deep tragedy of that misguided war. Looking at my own reflection in the Wall I imagined Jim and felt the tragic loss of my friend. The third visit was a hurried visit on a sunny day which brought a bit of perspective to the journey we all share thru that amazing, sacred space. Go soon , Herman, there is healing in that place...Mystery beyond what I could have imagined, and healing I never knew I needed until it swept through me. Grace happens. Life is Good.
> In Peace, Sherwood
> (I guess that covers my Earthrise witness for this year :-)
>

> Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App

Isobel and  Jim Bishop
isobeljimbish at optusnet.com.au