[Oe List ...] Have you been watching the Vietnam series on PBS?

James Wiegel via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Tue Sep 26 21:32:12 PDT 2017

Aiee, another episode tonight, and more material available on the pbs website.  Herman, I recall going down to Lincoln Park one evening and there were a lot of activists there and someone was explaining about "guerrilla theater".

With morning collegiums, daily office, scripture news conversations, teaching school, guild and division meetings, summer programs, security, enablement, eg structures, ecclesiola, some social life(Pat and Joe's, etc.) and week II assignments, either I was preoccupied or blocked out a whole lot of the drama of the Vietnam War.  Wasn't the moon landing in there someplace as well?

What I am marveling at is the way in which our country went in, got sucked in, and kept digging deeper, and of course the killing.

Oh, and I got the email where you asked if anyone got the email . . . Plus the replies of all the other people who got that email.

In Rob Work's book, A Compassionate Civilization, Peace and Nonviolence is one of his six ingredients, as is Participatory Governance.  Good emphases, I would say, though I cant see the technology and structures that would be required to really prevent the sort of thing we got ourselves into back then.

Jim Wiegel
401 North Beverly Way, Tolleson, Arizona 85353
Tel. 011-623-936-8671 or 011-623-363-3277
jfwiegel at yahoo.com
www.partnersinparticipation.com

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.
Ernest Hemingway