[Oe List ...] Have you been watching the Vietnam series on PBS.

Herman Greene via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Sep 25 19:32:26 PDT 2017

On Sunday night the Ken Burns series dealt with the issues of the first
half of 1968, including the Tet offensive, MLK's death and the urban riots,
and Bobby Kennedy's death.

It brought back so many gripping memories for me. I remember the riots in
Chicago and how it affected us. I remember the Collegium we held with Joe
after Bobby Kennedy was killed. He asked us if we were willing to die for
the mission. I eagerly held up my hand and said yes as some others did.

Tonight there were pictures of the 1968 Democratic convention. I went with
Al Lingo to the Blackstone Hotel and we watched the demonstrators and
police clash. I remember the national guard being in 5th city and
helicopters and surveillance planes flying overhead.

We think our country is more divided now than ever. I am remembering how
divided we were then.

Herman

Herman F. Greene
2516 Winningham Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
919-942-4358 <(919)%20942-4358> (ph & fax)
hfgreenenc at gmail.com