[Oe List ...] ICA GreenRise Fall 2017 Sojourn Invitation Letter (Corrected Links)

Wendell Refior via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed Sep 6 08:38:28 PDT 2017

September 2, 2017

Colleagues – (Apologies if you receive this more than once.)

The Global Archives Committee and the ICA staff invite you to participate
in the Fall Global Archives Sojourn week (October 9 – 13). (Arrival on
October 8).  The week’s focus will be commemorating the Band of 24 – the
audacious project we did to prove that the participatory methods that were
developed in 5th City would work in any community in any time zone with any
people.

We are using the week to develop the story of the Human Development
Projects – what worked and why and what didn’t work and why.  From that
research and insight from 40 years later, we will discover “the Pearls” –
our learnings from the total journey of the projects.  These learnings will
be incorporated into community and human development today.

We will be videotaping the stories that are shared about life in the
projects to use on the ICA Global Archives website (which will be unveiled
during the week).  They may also contribute to a second “Circle of Life”
book.

We will also be videotaping the singing of the songs that rehearsed each
new phase of our mission.  Singing is alive and well here in the ICA
GreenRise Building (aka Kemper).   Please join us in this labor of love.
Hopefully a DVD will be created.

In talking with many of you, we are finding that there is a wealth of
information you all remember – but also that you have information gleaned
from trips back to projects over the years.  We need this information, not
just on the 24 but on any project you were in.  We will merge this
information with the research from the documents In the Archives in order
to update the context for future work with human and community development.

Shared during the week will be projects created by colleagues to enable
groups and communities to deal with global issues today.  Information on
all of these projects will be available to everyone through links to the
Archives database or other connections that will be shared.  For example,
the ICA staff did a project involving the 77 neighborhoods of Chicago which
ended in an assembly of sharing “Approaches That Work”.   The Denver crew
have created a project focusing on Climate Change and Sustainability.  The
have included the University, city agencies, churches and communities.
They have created manuals covering “how to” from original framing to
recruiting to facilitator training to participant manual to final report to
replication.  Canada has developed an eight session study based on Brian
Stanfield’s *The Courage to Lead*.  The second edition with additional
guide will be printed in October.   The HIV educational program for
villages in various African countries will be shared by Louise Singleton.
I am including a link to Robertson Work’s book *Compassionate Civilization*
http://www.facebook.com/compassionatecivilization/ His stories and
reflections   about his journey through the HDP years and on to global
organizations is phenomenal.   These projects are the tip of the iceberg.

Let us know what you might bring and share.

Here is a link to the letter that spells out how you can register
http://bit.ly/Oct-Sojourn   Within that letter there is a link to the
registration page and a page asking for your experience with the HDPs and
to projects you have created in your local situations.

We will also send a copy of the week’s timeline.

We have 34 people registered and we have 25 beds left on the eighth floor.
 Join us for this adventure to share our wisdom and methods with the future.

ANY questions, call Jean Long (720-633-5008 <(720)%20633-5008>) or Mary
Laura Jones (773-636-2022 <(773)%20636-2022>).

Jean Long

For the Global Archives Committee

Forwarded by Wendell Refior
P.S. Link to Registration is to Google Drive, and may not work if you are
not registered with Google.

--
Thanks until later. "To believe what is true for you in your private heart
is true for all men -- that is genius." - Emerson in "Self-Reliance"