[Oe List ...] Book Age of Discovery . . . JEANETTE this would be a good time . . .

Jeanette Stanfield via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Fri May 19 14:08:57 PDT 2017

Hi Jim,
I have to laugh.  I don't have any magic solutions here.

There is a video I just saw that sure speaks to the predicament
we humans are in around the world.  You may have seen it.  US military
information is central piece of video.
http://tvo.org/video/documentaries/the-age-of-consequences

Just when you want to scream no more they do move to possibilities.

I am convinced that our economic systems need to be fundamentally changed
if humans are to have a chance of living sustainably and peacefully.  My
research question has been what does that new economic approach look like?
I am not talking about  philosophy here.  I am looking at process,
systems,principles..

The circle economy is part of this.  Europe is exploring this in a number
of ways as are some hubs of companies. Some talk about cradle to cradle
products. https://www.ellenmacarthurfoundation.org/publications

These questions and many more are fueling innovation right now.  How do we
use less water in growing food? How do we use the universe's gifts to us
like the sun and wind to fuel this new economy? What will it take to waste
nothing that this earth has given us?   Add your own questions.

Whatever, we need a concrete vision of a new economy we can all create
together with principles that care for the earth and all creatures
including ourselves regardless of political system.

Consensus around the economy we are trying to bring into being would allow
appropriate skills training and give young people a standing place for
creating their own careers and making a difference for the future.

I suspect that as a global community we have the methods and wisdom to
elicit that vision.  Perhaps there are some young and old ones out there
who are ready to take this on in both face to face and online experiences.

I may feel old at times but there is still a lot of fire in these bones!😃

Cheers,
Jeanette