[Oe List ...] Fwd: Pentecost Blessings

via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun Jun 4 13:27:22 PDT 2017

From: Ellie Stock via OE <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
To: karenbueno <karenbueno at aol.com>; oe <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>; jpc2025 <jpc2025 at outlook.com>; karen.snyder10 <karen.snyder10 at gmail.com>
Sent: Sun, Jun 4, 2017 1:05 pm
Subject: [Oe List ...] Fwd:  Pentecost Blessings

>From the swirling Cosmos with the rushing of the wind...

>From the swirling heavens (with "s" has different meaning than heaven, singular) with the rushing of the wind...

>From the bursting Cosmos with the rushing of the wind...

-----Original Message-----
From: Karenbueno <karenbueno at aol.com>
To: elliestock <elliestock at aol.com>; oe <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>; jpc2025 <jpc2025 at outlook.com>; karen.snyder10 <karen.snyder10 at gmail.com>
Sent: Sun, Jun 4, 2017 2:49 pm
Subject: Re: [Oe List ...] Pentecost Blessings

That even makes it rhyme!

PENECOST HYMN
Tune: There's New World Coming

Like the sound of heaven with the rushing of the wind
Came the fire a-burning and new life was given to all
The young see visions and the old dream dreams
Born of fire, filled with power, for Earth’s call.

To the light from darkness, and to freedom from fear
Building from the ashes into one community
Peter, Paul, and Luther, Augustine and Benedict
Born of fire, filled with power, for Earth’s call.

With despair abounding and a lack of hope around
Still the Spirit comes to the ones who birth the day
Giving breath and being to the ones who give their death
Born of fire, filled with power, for Earth’s call.

For the coming ages and the journey of mankind
We claim the promise that the fire give life to them
Deciding freely to live on behalf of all
Bornof fire, filled with power, for Earth’s call.

Verse 4, Line 1 needs a change:  "...journey of us all"; "...journey of all life"; "...journey of The All"

Karen Bueno