[Oe List ...] The film Awake

George Holcombe via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Jun 5 08:08:33 PDT 2017

Saw Awake yesterday afternoon. I highly recommend it. It has live footage of the water protectors at Standing Rock and the attacks of the private security forces, along with conversations with police. Maybe Diane Greenwald can explain more about it, and where you can obtain it. It makes you wonder why there wasn’t more media coverage of the protest and exposure of the semi-military used to suppress the people on Indian grounds.  Our film was followed by an informal talk by Tane Ward, Ph.D, an American Indian, who works for the Sierra Club, who put a clear report  on not only the experience of Standing Rock, but of many other similar happenings across the US. I would also highly recommend him if you have a chance to hear him.

George Holcombe
geowanda1 at me.com

"Whatever the problem, community is the answer.  There is no power greater than a community discovering what it cares about."  Margaret Wheatley