[Oe List ...] Mama Cass Elliot - New World Coming - Tune for Pentecost Song

Lynda C via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Jun 5 04:43:21 PDT 2017

Yes. Sherwood, I feel like this is more the tune that we used with the Pentecost Song than the tune I heard the Seekers using.  Somewhere I saw that it was recorded about 1970. Most likely several musicians used their own variations.  There is an older clip with Mama Cass pictured singing it, but the link below with  photo clips along with her voice make it a more contemplative piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlOFN2SYaEk

I’m excited about all the corporate writing and demythologizing that we did on that one song.  Very appreciative of Jack’s comments about the left brain, right brain connections that happen in singing which really seem on track from my experience.

Thanks for all the possibilities,
Lynda