[Oe List ...] The Denver March

Don Bushman via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun Jan 22 20:00:47 PST 2017

I wonder if Saturday's response in many nations is an profound indication
of living in the Global Village.

My father who spent his childhood in Pemberville, Ohio; would recount how
when the train came through town he would race it on his bicycle and others
would watch or comment on the train--so that a village experience happened
each time the train came through.

I understand that the coming into being of the global village elicits
strong resistance among some who fear what being tied to more than one
nation will bring. This resistance often has been vigorous throughout
history. Such resistance exists in our country and Trump's call to make
America great again (whether he believes what he says or not) engages such
resistance in our country. For me the key word is again.

He does not call for building on where we are and making America yuuge. But
again.

As someone said today, the genie is out of the bottle. The community
demonstrated Saturday across our global village is real and articulated and
in everyone's story. What a new day we are living in.

Don Bushman
onedonbushman at gmail.com