[Oe List ...] A letter to White Christians from Auburn Seminary re Trump

Jean Watts via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sat Jan 21 08:20:36 PST 2017

The Pope Francis response:
The Pope extended the new President good wishes and hoped that his
decisions would be guided by the values that have helped shape the country.
*Upon your inauguration as the forty-fifth President of the United States
of America,**I offer you my cordial good wishes and the assurance of my
prayers that Almighty **God will grant you wisdom and strength in the
exercise of your high office. *
*At a time when our human family is beset by grave humanitarian crises
demanding farsighted and united political responses, I pray that your
decisions will be guided by the rich spiritual and ethical values that have
shaped the history of the American people and your nation's commitment to
the advancement of human dignity and freedom worldwide. *
*Under your leadership, may America's stature continue to be measured above
all by its concern for the poor, the outcast and those in need who, like
Lazarus, stand before our door. *
*With these sentiments, I ask the Lord to grant you and your family, and
all the beloved American people, his blessings of peace, concord and every
material and spiritual prosperity.*