[Oe List ...] Cariol Crow's 30 year journey - on the land!

Nancy Lanphear via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Jan 23 16:56:36 PST 2017

Dear Friends,

There are many transitions that we are making these days as we all grow
older, perhaps wiser?  One such journey is being celebrated on Saturday,
January 28th, 2017.

Some of you may know the story of the discovery of the land that was to
become the Residential Learning Center and later, Songaia community. One
day in 1986, Carol came up the driveway of the property along with a
toddler, Jason Coffman. In her report of visiting the land, she announced,
"Jason and I have found the PLACE!"

Her footprint is very firmly planted on our land.  Her care of community,
including the place and its folks has been enormous.  Her many years of
contributions and energy to both the community and to Rite of Passage
Journeys are evident everywhere.  She will be missed in so many ways.  Her
smile and warmth of welcome and the touches of her care are seen
everywhere.  She watched over us with a kind and loving heart.

Carol's daughters have been encouraging her for several years to move
closer to them. So now, 30 years later, she is moving closer to her most of
her family located in Seattle and West Seattle.

*Our community is honoring Carol with a "high tea" on Saturday, January
28th at 4:00* (of course, isn't that tea time?) .

Although words cannot always speak what is in our hearts, *we are inviting
those of you who might be able to share stories of her years* at the RLC,
The Woodinville Unitarian Universalist Church (where she and Stan were
founding members), and Songaia to send them to us as a way to remind Carol
that she is loved.

If it is possible for you to join us on Saturday at 4pm, please *RSVP*.

With love,

Nancy Lanphear
Patricia Newkirk

Her new address is:
Carol Crow
5214 Fauntleroy Way, SW Unit A,
Seattle, WA 98136
Home phone - 206-735-7022 <%28206%29%20735-7022>
Cell - 206-406-8439 <%28206%29%20406-8439>