[Oe List ...] The Women's March - Boston edition

Geri Tolman via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Jan 23 06:59:27 PST 2017

Our daughter Bonnie and I, along with 2 of my granddaughters, were part of the millions of souls sending a message that we won’t back down, and intend to work for our inclusive society and social justice.  The crowd was polite, progressive and multi-everything!!!  Most uplifting for me was the youth of the speakers - Elizabeth Warren was probably the oldest.  Or perhaps the Water Protector who had spent her summer at Standing Rock was of my generation.  We have some very strong, articulate, energetic young women here in the Northeast sector of the US.  I intend to use my wiley energies to help them organize into effective resistance to the threat of losing the rights that women have gained in the last 150 years.

The organizing group just sent an email out to the more-than-100,000 on their local contacts list.
Subject: The Next Steps.  We will organize to assure that Saturday’s march was NOT just a flash in the pan.

(In the photo, Bonnie on the left, me on the right, two of my buddies in the middle)

We are Nasty Women!!
if you aren’t afraid of references to bodily fluids, and haven’t seen the video of Ashley Judd’s rendition of a rap written by a young woman in Tennessee, here’s a link to the video on YouTube:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffb_5X59_DA <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffb_5X59_DA>