[Oe List ...] Services for Kjell Knutsen

Sherwood Shankland via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Thu Feb 16 16:28:49 PST 2017

Greetings to the Knutsen family network :-) Kjell and Marginelle converted their parsonage in Petalling Jaya, Malaysia into the KL House, where in 1975 I joined Dick and Gail West, Titus and Augusta Jayasakera, and others in a place where we operated as the Order Ecumenical under close watch by the Malaysian government. Our weekly Order Report arrived after a few days delay due to censorship with phrases and paragraphs blacked out. Never a dull moment in Southeast Asia...Kjell was in Klang, pastor of the Methodist Church there, and was our steady House Church celebrant. He and Margie were great hosts for a new arrival to Asia, sharing in-depth historical background, current trends and lots of contacts in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia. The International Training Institutes were a staple program of both 6 week and 3 week formats in Penang, Singapore, Bandung among other locations. Eunice and I met at Area Council meetings and on our visa turn-around trips between KL and S'pore. Kjell had a calming presence that calmed our anxieties and a spirit of adventure that pushed us into action. Thanks, Kjell for the grand adventure of your life and a vocational path that showed us all how to weather the storms. Rest in Peace, my friend and Journey on...Our love and admiration for the whole Knutsen clan! Eunice and Sherwood