[Oe List ...] Fwd: Reflection for January

Marilyn Crocker via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Fri Feb 3 19:24:01 PST 2017

Dearest Isobel and Jim,

You, who so warmly welcomed our "short term migrant" family of four into
your manse in 1970, Thank You in abundance for your graciousness.

I am so embarrassed about our newly minted president's rude behavior to your
Prime Minister.  I apologize on behalf of all of us who still believe in our
nation's mission enshrined in Emma Lazarus's words on the Statue of Liberty:

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free, the
wretched refuse of your teeming shores,

Send these, the hopeless, helpless lost to me.  I lift my lamp beside the
golden shores.

With prayers of intercession and petition.

Much love and admiration, dearest colleagues,

Marilyn and Joe