[Oe List ...] Greetings of this blessed season

Jann McGuire jannmcguire at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 15:18:44 PST 2017

Elements of Jann’s year, December 17, 2017

Earth: Upon completing 80 years, I suppose one must expect physical
 challenges. A cardiac ultrasound in August revealed that my atrial
valve will need to be replaced. It didn’t seem to be a problem until I
developed atrial fibrillation in October. Taking a blood thinner for
th
e condition
 has been a see-saw process. Started with 10 mg coumadin daily -- too
thin; down to 1 mg -- too thick. Every blood check is a surprise. On
Nov. 16, I had a cardioversion shock treatment to get back to regular
rhythm. Worked well. On Dec. 6, I had a cardiac angiogram which
revealed I’m not at high risk. I’ll go to Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute
for a consultation the day after Christmas and hopefully to schedule
surgery.

Water: The emotional aspect of my life had its ups and downs.

High points were:

* An over-the-top birthday bash hosted by my sons: threedays at
beautiful Lake Nacimiento. I hope all of you who came and/or sent
cards and gifts know how deeply touched and appreciative I feel, still
basking in the glow.

*My 22nd annual retreat with the beloved wild wise women circle near
Seattle in July. They staged a delightful “Dangerous Old Woman” event
to start me on my 81
st year. I stayed with Sharon Fisher’s gracious
 family a few extra days to see the awesome Chinese terra cotta warriors.

*Three days in September in a luxurious lodge near Mineral King, with
Scott’s and Barry’s families, including Johnna, who now blesses
Scott’s and our family’s life. She and her family hosted us for
Thanksgiving, a beautiful feast.

Low points were:

*The death in June of Kristin Knutson, Joan’s daughter,
 born the same year as my daughter Suzanne. We wise women celebrated
Kristin’s life with stories and bubbles.

*The illness and death of my dear friend, teacher and spiritual
mentor, Bob Goings. I sorrowfully wrote his obituary and was able to
share in enabling the celebration of his life. This loss helped me
 to grieve previous losses in a more profound way.

Air :The mental aspect of the year was enhanced by joining a local book club
, motivating more reading,
 and and a politically progressive women’s huddle, with study of
current events to resist the extreme right wing agenda. I’m reading
Sisters in Law at the moment. Clarissa Pinkola Estes” book,
The Dangerous Old Woman
 was my favorite. Have enjoyed studying with Lynne McTaggart online.

Fire: Sage-hood is essentially spiritual
. Throughout this year, I’ve increased in my awareness of how deeply
each creature is loved by the Divine Giver of Life. Silence, stillness
and meditation have nurtured me.

*We who gather at my house each moon share our joys, sorrows and cares.

*Recently the wise women connect energetically in a scattered circle
each night around 9:00. We light candles from Port Townsend to
Seattle, to Macomb, IL to Phoenix to Los Angeles to Lindsay to Eugene,
OR.. The circle prays for physical, emotional, mental and spiritual
healing for ourselves and the world.

May we all be blessed to love each present moment of our precious
lives.. Thank you for being part of mine. With love and prayers
 and the hope for PEACE ON EARTH,