[Oe List ...] After the Great Eclipse

Nancy Trask via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Tue Aug 22 18:18:39 PDT 2017

I drove a ways to get to the zone of totality, about 150 miles, and it was surely an experience not to be missed.  My research directed me to the small town of Crete NE, but the road to Crete was closed!  Needing to make a fast decision, I opted for the small town of Milford NE, and got only about 1 or 1.5 minutes of totality -- still enough for a great experience.  Parked beside some people who provided music and good company.  In return, I let them look through my binoculars and then jump-started their car -- a pretty fair deal.  We shared the awesome strangeness of those moments, including the weather miracle of a completely clouded sky breaking just in time to allow us a full and clear view of the eclipse.

Thank you for your profound reflections and poetry.
Nancy Trask