[Oe List ...] Fw: A footnote to the Lent–Easter journey

Dawn Collins via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Thu Apr 20 17:57:10 PDT 2017

     Post Script to Lent/Easter Reflections
Reviewed my Prayer Journal for a word for the living of these days and came across wisdom from Marcus Aurelius.
"Our actions may be impeded but there can be no impending our intentions or dispositions. The impediment to action advances actions; what stands in the way becomes the [W]ay."
The church (iglesia) I attended on Easter Sunday morning is called El Semprador (the Sower). The service was spirited and lively beginning with praise dancers who sang and danced accompanied by a band. All youth who also acted out the Passion from beginning to the Resurrection. Translation was instantaneous by the daughter of Pastor Carlos. The hymns displayed the lyrics in Spanish on two large screens up front. The message was timely and rehearsed again the pertinence of the Story that we never seem to tire of.
Just as I am beginning to take a serious interest in appropriating Espanol (after 50 years) opportunities abound. This is my friend Alicia's (from the 6th floor) church. We communicate though she speaks little English. And I expect to attend with her again. They welcome all to the church including the homeless whom they feed after the service with a free meal. Congregrants make a small donation to further the church's ministry.
Still going to church online also.
Grace&Peace,
Dawn Collins

We love the Source because the Source loved us first.- 1 John 4:19