[Oe List ...] A footnote to the Lent–Easter journey

David Dunn via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Tue Apr 18 13:45:00 PDT 2017

A footnote to the Lent-Easter Journey
To the extent that we grow into the Genesis affirmation that all creation is good, the Lenten-Easter journey is transformed and transforming. Jesus’s “Lenten Journey” was toward Jerusalem and a confrontation of history, politics, and spirit at the Cross. He wasn’t practicing giving up stuff or penitence for his human frailty. He was practicing discernment of his own life calling and seeking the courage to offer his life to that mission. Lent is about discovering our highest and best selves and the focus of our engagement. It’s a time of opening to what is emerging within us and a season of exploring what keeps us from wholehearted self-offering. Easter is the joyous celebration of the eye-popping inner realization that the Power of Being Itself—the God-Christ-Spirit Word that brought matter to life with energy at the moment of creation—is behind and within all opening, exploration, discovery, and becoming. Lent is the practice of discerning how Creation is transforming our lives and Easter is the celebration of Creation’s infinite grace-filled supply of uplifting and life-giving spirit within flesh.
April 18, 2017

David

—

"Mystery, possibility, and the power to choose”

David Dunn
740 S Alton Way 9B
Denver, CO 80247
720-314-5991