[Oe List ...] Fwd: Bingham, Annette Patton - Obituaries - News-Record.com

Marilyn Crocker via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Oct 24 18:05:30 PDT 2016

Thank you, dear Lynda, and so many others from across the world, for
enriching our collective memory of one wonderful woman, Annette Patton
Bingham.

How very little any of us knew about each other’s myriad gifts when we were
in the Movement/Order and were focused together on the immediate mission.
It astounds me of the abundant capacities that were never tapped at that
amazing time of corporate engagement and yet have flowered in profusion
since then.

Annette is now on my list of saints.

A special memory of the Binghams happened when I was conducting the Florida
to New England college visitation marathon, summer 1987 when our twin sons
were juniors in high school.  Living so close to Cape Kennedy at the time,
they were convinced they would be the first twin astronauts in space, so had
their sights on an aeronautical engineering major.

When we visited the Binghams at the University where Bill was teaching, Bill
and Annette helped Jon and Ben reframe that single minded focus and
encouraged them otherwise: “cast your net broadly, and do not specialize
prematurely.”  What wisdom! Ben did major in chemical engineering, but chose
medicine; Jon majored in neuroscience and Spanish, but chose international
medicine.  AND  Gabby Gifford’s husband and his twin brother became the
first twin astronauts in space!

I give thanks for the completed life of such a wise spirit woman, Annette,
and rejoice that so many of our OE colleagues, like you, Lynda; Lingo; and
others could stand in for us as you sang (actually or imaginally) “For All
the Saints

.”

Grace, peace and love for all our beloved community,

Marilyn and Joe