[Oe List ...] Neva (Forbes) Reece

Shelley Hahn via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed Oct 26 11:00:18 PDT 2016

Leslie Forbes asked if I would share the following update re: her mother,
Neva (Forbes) Reece.  I asked if there is an address where people might
send a card or note; she doesn't kknow the address but is trying to get it
and will share it when she does.

"My biological mother, Neva Reece, had a brain injury several years ago
where her word-finding and word-understanding is impaired (she has a hard
time talking and understanding and cannot read). She also has issues with
rational thought and cannot do any numbers at all. I have been her medical
and financial power of attorney until she hired a lawyer to remove me
without my knowledge as she had done with my eldest brother. She is now a
ward of the county and has been found to have pancreatic cancer. I do not
get phone calls returned often so the information is sketchy. Doctors have
not returned my phone call, but my brother Doug is on his way there for a
consult where they will decide to have an invasive surgery or not. She is
currently in a secured facility nursing home (she twice hit a resident at
the unsecured facility so was moved). Her letters and phone calls are
fairly incomprehensible. My brother and I talk it through to see what she
might be talking about. I have been holding off posting this thinking that
I would have a better picture of prognosis since I have been told it's
dormant, but since they are talking about invasive surgery I don't know."
 -- from Leslie Forbes

Please keep Neva in your thoughts and prayers.

Shelley Hahn