[Oe List ...] Interesting Obituary

Beret Griffith via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed Nov 2 08:56:18 PDT 2016

This caught my attention in the Minneapolis Star Tribune on Sunday. I'm
wondering if anyone knew Bishop Colaw before he became a bishop.Obituary:
Methodist Bishop Emerson Colaw was 'spellbinding' orator, kind ministry
leaderB
*y Shannon Prather
<http://www.startribune.com/shannon-prather/188067161/>* Star
Tribune

OCTOBER 29, 2016 — 4:29PM

Methodist Bishop Emerson Stephen Colaw had a knack for taking a familiar
Bible story and reframing it in a way that challenged and inspired
listeners.

 In 1961, he was appointed to Hyde Park Community United Methodist Church
in Cincinnati, where he remained until he was appointed bishop in 1980.

In one sermon titled “If You Want to Walk on Water, You’ve Got to Get Out
of the Boat,” Colaw recounted the story of the apostle Peter walking on
water toward Jesus and said that, like Peter, Christians must take risks to
live out their faith.

Beret