[Oe List ...] Fw: This is a message from Doris Hahn

Doris Hahn via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed May 11 14:55:04 PDT 2016

Aren't these strings fun?!
As John Epps said several days, Joe did his Ph.D. work at Yale under H. R.
Niebuhr. Then, he taught at Colgate for a fairly short time before going to
Perkins. I believe Marge's story about Joe's thesis is correct. I also
believe that he dropped the thesis, because he decided that academia was
not the route for a religious revolution. The rest of the story we know
(though we certainly might not agree on various pieces of it).
Doris Hahn