[Oe List ...] Fw: This is a message from Doris Hahn

Beret Griffith via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed May 11 12:19:27 PDT 2016

>From Jean Long - Brother Joe research...

On page 116 in Brother Joe, Jim Mathews writes, *"On October passed his
qualifying exams and was accepted as a PH.D. candidate. ( at Colgate?). A
bit later he qualified in French and German as well.  He chose as as the
topic for his  dissertation  'a Study of Love and Faith in the Thought of
John Wesley' ."*

*"The fact is, Joe never completed this thesis.  It became a major burden
to him as he was caught up in the demands of academia at Colgate and
Southern Methodist."*

Hope this helps.

On page 130 Jim says,* "in 1960, Lincoln Memorial University awarded him an
honorary Doctor of Divinity."*

Thank you Jean!

Beret