[Oe List ...] FW: Shirley Snelling

Lynda Cock via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Fri Feb 19 07:46:10 PST 2016

>From our Denver colleagues, I have received word of the passing of colleague
Shirley Heckman Snelling.  A number of us remember this remarkable woman in
other locations, so I wanted to pass this on to our larger community.  I met
her at the Washington, DC  House where she  sojourned with us while working
with the Church of the Brethren denominational headquarter on church
curriculum.  I recall her traveling montage that she set up in that little
room to claim it as her space. Her positive energy and attitude was a gift
she brought to every situation where I encountered her.  I recall vaguely
that her influence was helpful in negotiating with the Brethren on the 3444
property.   Her marriage to Clarence Snelling in her later years,  a
professor at Illif School of Theology  in Denver who also had had connection
with EI,  brought additional wisdom and support to the movement.  Many of
you may have met her at summer programs and councils.    With care and
celebration of a fully lived life of service,  Lynda  (and John)