[Oe List ...] (no subject)

Rod Rippel via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun Dec 18 08:59:15 PST 2016

Hello Marianna,
    I’m embarrassed to say that I can’t find my copy of ‘The Directory’ and I don’t have your mailing address to send the Solitary Office to.  Please forward your address to my personal email.

My cost for the printing of the book is 7$ a copy plus postage.  If I average postal costs at book rate of 3$ it would come to 10$ per book.  If you are inclined to do so you may reimburse that amount to me at 8645 Butte St., La Mesa, CA 91941.  Otherwise accept it in the spirit of the season.

Let me know your response to the Book and its presentation.  I have printed up a limited number of books.  Your remarks might interest other colleagues and I could print more if needed.

In the introductory pages I have attempted to avoid jargon and broaden the appeal for interested,  non-movement users.  A note about the Annual Propers:  I don’t remember the origin of these selections or who might have participated in their use.  I do remember coming across them when I was
co-prior of the Perth WA religious house in about 1971 –72.  I copied them by hand and that is what you find in the current book.  Being an engineer, I have speculated whether someone used a ‘random number generator’ or perhaps, just threw a pair of dice to arrive at 365 daily combinations.  What is the algorithm?  Does anyone know where they came from?

Thanks for your interest,

Rod Rippel