[Oe List ...] The Pope

Nancy Lanphear via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Fri Sep 25 22:19:55 PDT 2015

Dear Marianna,

Thank you for your memories of our rituals, they are mine as well.  I find
that other's poetry often speaks to me - her is a poem that your message
brought to mind ....

A desire to kneel down sometimes pulses through my body,
 or rather,
it is as if my body has been meant and made for the act of kneeling.
Sometimes in moments of deep gratitude,
kneeling down becomes an overwhelming urge,
head deeply bowed, hands before my face.

Etty Hillesum

With love and gratitude,

Nancy