[Oe List ...] ICA Global Archives Fall Sojourn 2015

Nancy Lanphear via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Fri Sep 11 11:26:28 PDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

This event sounds very exciting!  Some of us will be cheering and
celebrating with you from the sidelines while visiting with local
colleagues and others passing through passing through. .... David and
Ellen Rebstock and Mary D'Souza will be visiting with Gordon and
Roxana and staying with Carol crow, Patricia Newkirk  and me at the
wayside inn called Songaia.

Fred's 5th death anniversary and celebration took place this week,
September 9, 2010.  So many of my memories of Fred are bonded to YOU
and our lives together.  Thank you for each piece of it.
In celebration of all those who have died on the "march" and those of
us who are still present on the planet, here a poem I wrote right
after Fred's death.  It is for YOU.  Sent with love,

FILLING MY BOWL

Each morning the monks go out with their begging bowls ... empty.
Whatever they gather will nourish them that day.
Is my bowl one of begging? What does my bowl gather?
How does it feed me, nourish me, awaken my senses?
I gather memories, beautiful colors, misting rain, smiling faces,
noise of war, tears of other’s pain, smells of the earth,
joyous laughter, hugs from friends, more memories ......
especially those of my beloved Fred.
What more can I ask for?     My bowl is full!

                                             Nancy