[Oe List ...] Proposal

steve har via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun Oct 4 08:57:50 PDT 2015

Ah yes another breakfast news conversation, all news, but this time a
suggestion where to stand, thanks!

Gun-slingers, in the 24 hour news cycle (again) slinging lead, killing
kids, killing futures...
These mostly mail social isolates give urgent work to an industry of

medics and ministers who try to repair the local damage
swat teams and law enforcement threat assessment/engagement teams
journos who must  their interview  "dead-lines"
pols who raise money from their gun/anti gun lobbyists
special interest groups who "inform" their members of new developments

Brilliant suggestion for ordinary people start local, love the Dyson's
Neighborhood Caretakers book!

Real engagement, real practical, real local real ordinary as opposed to
what happens on the TV screen.

Really enjoy this cartoon that seems to distinguish what happens
on the TV screen
-crazy maker visionary
-victim responder
what happens on the street where you actually live
-captain commander
-micro manager
See this link:
http://gettingsmart.com/categories/blog-series/good-work-blog-series/

Extremes of course written on the back of a cocktail napkin but pretty
clear choices nevertheless of "what you can stand for" (as in where you
engage in and what you support)

Steve

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Marianna Bailey via OE <
oe at lists.wedgeblade.net> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I am so tired of hearing people and politicians talk about gun violence in
> this country yet never have a proposal of how it might be solved. Well, I
> have a proposal but no one to present it to so I’m sending it to you to
>  improve and expand on a solution. Not sure how we could get it implemented
> but I think the first step is to have a proposal.
>
> First, Think of car ownership and license. Every car must be registered
> when it sold or bought, the license allows you to drive a car in any state.
> However, if you move out of state the car must be re-registed. We could
> treat gun ownership the same way. Like a car license, it must be re-newed
> every year. My proposal is a background checks before issuing a gun license
> and each gun that is licensed pays a yearly TAX! Now this tax would be used
> to transform local zip code post offices into Community Wellness  Centers.
> The wellness center would operate like an existing County Health Care but
> located zip code neighborhood. All personal would trained as Community
> Caretaker as well a delivering mail. I would start with the Dyson’s book *Neighborhood
> Caretakers,* Stories, Strategies and Tools for Healing Urban Community.
>
> What do you think??

Steve Harrington