[Oe List ...] Jailu Vergara and Jesse Navarrete

via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun Oct 18 19:49:29 PDT 2015

Jailu was at the Indianapolis House, married Jesse in Manila, went on to Nairobi, then Sudtonggan before the Order dissipated.  In case anyone in this list knew them, and would like to send them a "heard about ..." note, Jailu's email is:

globalnursinginterchange at yahoo.com

in Honolulu, they are at:

91 2059 Pahuhu Pl EwaBeach HI 96706
(808) 683 0823

j'aime la vie
yesterday, appreciate; tomorrow, anticipate; today, participate! in all, celebrate!

Got this from Jailu after my Typhoon II ST write-up.

Hi 'Nong (older brother, for the uninitiated),
Stay safe!

We had our otherstorm in life, a month ago today, when Jesse was hit by a stroke while at hiswork, resulting in hemiplegia, one (right in Jesse's case) side of bodynumbness. Had to call 911 for ambulance to bring him to Queen's West ER forevaluation the following morning at 6:15 am as he experienced theincoordination of his walking. The MRI confirmed that he had a lacunarinfarction, stroke. He is on leave for rehabilitation for a window of 6 months.Critical is the fine motor skills as a trembling hand would not be appropriateat the dental chair-side.

Wake up call,indeed!  There are more fruits andvegetables on the table now.
Glad we did allthe Beijing walking earlier. He can't even drive, so for the first month I tookintermittent leave to arrange and bring him to all appointments.
We're countingour blessings and they outweigh our challenges.

Aloha!
Jailu

Jailu read myTyphoon II so she finally got me updated on her family typhoon earlier.  Jesse and Jailu noticeably slowed downtreading the Great Wall so their health needed some looking into.

I trust Justin hasgone beyond "worrying about Justin (and Uncle Edward's things)" to concentrate ontaking care of his not-too-young elders.  I do not have his or Jonah's emails.  Someone sent them to me not too long ago but I could not locate them. Would someone give it another try?  Alex sent me Victoria and Vernon's not too long ago, as well.  Ditto. (Am not getting any younger either!)  While we are at it, how about Alex Maximo (got Abelle's!).

Meanwhile, mayhap Jailu and Jesse might consider going on disability if that can entail"forgiveness" of house debt! Just kidding!  (Any one in thecrowd knowledgeable of the law in this regard?)

j'aime la vie
All that was, thanks; all that will be, yes; all that is, let it be!