[Oe List ...] Could use some help on a birthday song . . .

James Wiegel via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun May 24 12:50:57 PDT 2015

Turning 70 is hitting me pretty hard, so, I thought to write a song about it.  For whatever reason, I chose an old barbershop song, Goodbye My Coney Island Baby (probably not the best choice, reveals to much of ancient prejudices still in me .. )  Anyway I tried, over the last few days to rewrite the words, trying to capture the decade shift.  Perhaps some of you might have improvements, additions . . .
Seems I remember this tune from the year that the Crocker's and the Wiegel's travelled doing Human Development Consults.  I recall us singing this tune to keep our sanity and team intact.  What I would REALLY LIKE (once the words are better) is some way to create an online chorus to sing it together.  A recorded Google hang out? . . .
Anyway, here is what I have as of now.  Suggestions welcome
Good Bye

(tune:  Goodbye My Coney Island Baby) Chorus:

Goodbye the ventures ofmy sixties,

Farewell the things I'veloved

I'm gonna go on withthis journey

Just so I can see whathappens.

 I'm gonna sail uponthese waves of life.

Never to regret a bit.

So goodbye, farewell, solong for ever.

Goodbye my sixties days

Hello big seven O

Who knows what thefuture holds?

Verse:

We all fall for some hope that lifeis neat.

Temptations to retreat.

Past days can seem so sweet

Then we're caught in life as it'sgoing on.

We may falter.

Or we may just stumble onward.

As we get older, oh boy, our life isgood.

All our days we then recall.

 Rich times, poor times, struggletimes, peace.

Work times, play times, fam'lytimes, sleep

We all are bound for . . .

 GOOD BYE MY CONEY ISLANDBABY

Chorus:

Good -bye My Con -ey Is-land Ba -by,

Fare -well my own truelove.

I'm gon -na go a -wayand leave you.

Nev -er to see you an -y-more.

I'm goin' to sail up -ona fer -ry boat,

Nev -er to re -turn a-gain.

So good -bye, fare-well, so long for ev -er,

Good -bye My Con -eyIsle,

Good -bye My Con -eyIsle,

Good -bye My Con -ey Is-land Babe.

_______

Verse:

We all fall for somegirl who dress -es neat,

Some girl that's got bigfeet,

We meet her on thestreet;

Then we'll join the ar-my of mar -ried boobs,

To the al -tar, Justlike lea -ding lambs to slaugh -ter.

When it's o -ver, ohboy, we get it good.

Bach -'lor days we thenre -call.

Rich man, poor man, beg-ger ma, thief,

Doc -tor, law -yer, mer-chant, chief:

We are all bound for Ma-tri -mo -ny.

 Jim Wiegel
“If you want an adventure . . . what a time to be alive!”. Joanna Macy
401 North Beverly Way,Tolleson, Arizona 85353623-363-3277jfwiegel at yahoo.comwww.partnersinparticipation.com
Upcoming ToP training opportunities in Arizona
More info on:
ToP® Facilitation Methods ToP® Strategic Planning: Mastering the Technology of Participation
Register on line / see the ToP National ScheduleAICP Planners: 14.5 CM for all ToP® courses
The AZ ToP® Community of Practice meets the 1st Friday, of every month, 1-4 pm, at ACYR, 648 N. 5th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85003