[Oe List ...] Death of Vivan Paul

Isobel A Bishop via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Fri May 22 21:33:39 PDT 2015

Hlelo friends,

I recall Vivian and Marie attending the Jabalpur ITI- thank you for the reminder,Marilyn. It was a strong memory for me at that ITI, that at 5am each day we were  given a bucket of scalding water-  so hot I could not use it,  till it cooled! ...   for our ' ablutions. '

It was a special ITI, high up in the Hills area, with so many Nilgiri trees-   otherwise known as Australian Eucalypt trees. The Indian community made Eucalypt  oil from the gums leaves, as an industry.

I can' t recall the Pauls being present at the original Singapore ITI, but I do know that both the Crockers  the Knutsens  and the McCleskys- plus  others, of course- and 22 Aussies were all there at Singapore!

In peace,

Isobel Bishop