[Oe List ...] Pesek letter 7-13-15.docx

William Salmon via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Jul 13 08:20:25 PDT 2015

Colleagues--
    Everyone has a story about Betty Pesek. She is all the things so many have given witness. I was impressed as she represented the Human Factor in the Mysterious Inner Sanctum; thank you for the feminine principle at work in corporate life.
    While living at the project on Jeju Do, Beverly and I made the decision to take a sabbatical leave of absence in order to deal effectively with Wesley--our one child that did not accommodate himself very well to the Ordered Life; he had his own Order and his behavior in the Hartford House soon gave him a "Pass Go, but do not collect $200;" (meaning) he was assigned to the Pace Missississi Project. In the South, things were better, yet Wes was athletically unfulfilled.
    The Order did not take too kindly to making this kind of decision. After all, the Order protected its global mission and the expectation for each member was to make a similar commitment!
    On arrival at Kemper who met us at the door? Dear Betty. The welcome was genuine and warm. She gave a couple of days to get acclimated. Then she lowered the boom.
    "The Boom" reminded me of a story of two men fighting with knives. The one made a sweep and said, "There! I gotcha." The wounded member replies, "You missed me!"
    The first fighter replied, "Oh, yeah? Shake your head."
    Step 2 in this process was a Pesek Invitation to supper in the nearby Thai restaurant, and the pressure was on.
Betty has the nicest way to deliver her "knife Sweeps," all of them presented in the softest maternal way.
    If a couple was to win, it was necessary for them to keep a common family goal before them. We did. We won!
    Two and a half years later, we returned to the 5th City Program Center. I stood before the Sunday Night contextual Event to confess, "This is home!"
    Did Betty hold a grudge? Never--always she was the imperturbable in the midst of the "Sea of Tranquility."
    Betty, we thank you for demonstrating what gracefulness looks like.
    Inner Peace,
    Pastor Bill and Beverly