[Oe List ...] Holiday Greetings

via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Thu Dec 17 12:04:36 PST 2015

Esteemed Colleagues,
I value our continued community. Here's my annual letter.

As healthy and active as ever, I became old in this, my 79th year,
perhaps because of living in the same house for half my life.
Everywhere I looked, I saw the past peeking through:
open school campuses, now with high locked gates;
houses, including my own, where the dear departed used to live;
almost empty churches where I once worked and worshiped.
Playing time traveler became a habit.
I enjoyed the melancholy it evoked,
until yesterday, when a stern inner voice said,
“Stop this game! Life is in the present moment.”
Awakening, I saw a bougainvillea flaming in brilliant sunshine.
I treasure my time of solitary prayer and meditation, and
shared ceremonies which mark the days, moons and seasons.
I’m grateful for study with wise teachers in vast virtual classrooms
and for community service promoting art, feeding my spirit.
When I see my sons and their families pursue their dreams and
celebrate their journeys, it fulfills my own life’s vision.
I pray we keep our hearts open and light in spite of the daily news.
I revere the babe in the manger, the carpenter who healed,
the Cosmic Christ and the Mother and Father of All.
Love and blessings
Jann McGuire