[Oe List ...] Earthquake Kathmandu

Janet Sanders via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Apr 27 06:05:05 PDT 2015

We awake to more grim news that the current toll of those dying is over 3,000 and rising.  More aftershocks and rain are coming.  I must confess to being somewhat bewildered that I am sitting here safe, warm with stable ground underneath my feet.  This is the news that Ishu, the coordinator of programs for ICA  shared when asked how we can help. We are currently researching the situation. We do not know exactly the extent of help we need to provide at this moment. But we assume that we definitely need a great help from your end. ICA Nepal sincere request you all to pray and discuss about the possibilities of providing help to Nepal in anyway possible. There was a second earthquake Monday afternoon (NST) with a quite huge magnitude. The situation further deteriorated with the rain.Some of us fortunate that we at a relatively safe place with our family and loved ones but still we are out of power and drinking water. Just imagine how challenging the situation are for those who lost their loved ones, injured and not together with their families. ICA Nepal can only hope that Nepali people will recover from this situation soon. The actual damage is still unknown which we predict will be a massive one. Hence, from where you are please extend a help in anyway possible.

Janet A. Sanders