[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA Update Sept. 23

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sat Sep 27 22:15:10 PDT 2014

*TUE SEP* 23 *Montpelier to Archbold, OH*

We got off the bus from NYC at the Montpelier Fairgrounds at 6 AM. There
was no kitchen crew but the breakfast and lunch prep was out. Shira was
planning to ride a bike. She asked me if I planned to ride. When I said,
“Yes” she indicated she’d like to join me. She was ready to ride but I had
to do some more prep for the day. She was dismayed but waited around. When
we left we knew that in about 2 miles the route would take a trail that was
an old railroad bed. When we got there I looked it over. The rails had been
pulled up and replaced with crushed rock. I told Shira I was taking Hwy 20A
to Archbold. So I rode the highway and she took the trail on her heavier
bike.

The campsite was a park that had rooms for $15/night. I think Ed was the
only one who took a room. There were showers available so I took one. The
Welcome Center had a computer that I could use. The campsite had a small
amphitheater. The kitchen crew used most of it. There was a camp meeting to
engage all of the Marchers in setting up the Ohio route and on to WDC. We
have no coordinator from now on. A map of our proposed route was taped up
on the back of the solar panel.  I volunteered to be on the Contact Team.
I’m hoping to get local Rotarians involved. Miriam will try to find
churches that will assist us. Others will use their social media. The first
step is identifying the contacts. Next we’ll have to describe what we’re
hoping to accomplish and see what we can set up.
--
Peace, David