[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA Sept.13

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun Sep 21 11:57:28 PDT 2014

SAT SEP 13 * Stay Day:  Good Shepherd Montessori School, South Bend, IN*

It was a stay-day and I got up late: 7am! I looked in the kitchen/dining
hall and no one was up. I checked the Kitchen Truck and found it locked.
Mary opened the truck and brought some breakfast out. I requested granola
and yogurt and she put it out. Later on the lunch food was out and I made
myself a lunch. Eventually John Abbe got up and cooked a late breakfast
meal. After that he conducted a meeting that began to sort out the
logistics for the remainder of the March. A portion of that was attending
the NYC Peoples Climate March in a phone conference. Anita was labeling
vests, over a template, with a black magic marker on a table near the
meeting. She needed someone to hold the vest over the template so I
assisted.

Lunch prep started and I met John Gibson’s Earth Charter colleagues,
Charlotte and Deb, who live in and around South Bend. They arrived to bring
produce for lunch. They also helped with the meal preparation. I learned
that Charlotte and her husband have a vegetable farm, and Deb rides her
bike to work. We made our way over to the Notre Dame University Library to
view the film *Disruption*. We’d already seen it at ICA in Chicago, but it
was a powerful film. It emphasized the power of the people. When I got back
to the school I sorted through my clothes to get ready for tomorrow. Dinner
was very late and we finished up at 9pm.
--
Peace, David