[Oe List ...] Jim Wiegel messed up.

James Wiegel via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed Sep 10 15:07:43 PDT 2014

Apologies to all those on the
wedgeblade.net listserves.  I sent the
wrong link to you all about the Archive Research Assembly, so only the first 2 to respond were able to get through.  Correct link is below.  Hope to “see” you in September.

Jim

Dear Global ICA’s,
Colleagues and Board Members,

You are invited to participate in the Global Archives Research Assembly,
September 20-27 2014. The ICA organizations (board, staff and associates) and
the global network of colleagues are the number one audience for which this
event is being held. We want you to be able to use the historical work of the
first 50 years of the ICA for your own benefit, growth and effectiveness. We
also want to enable you to find, download or request material scanned and add
your work to the Global Archives so that it can be available to other ICA’s and
interested parties. The GARA will be an opportunity for you and others to learn
how to do this with “hands-on’ guidance.

We also see the GARA as an opportunity for people from multiple locations to
work together in doing some action research. We have found that a group of
people, working in pairs can do very creative work. Then coming together for
sharing and deciding next steps allows work to continue without any central
control. This too will be enabled by our able Tech Team support.

We would also like you to invite others who are working with you to join a
research team of your interest, either an existing one, or a new one of your
choice. Currently we have four active research teams, but expect more. You can
see current Research Collections and follow their work through the following
web page:

www.wedgeblade.net/wordpress/

To make this as easy as possible for you we direct you to the link below.
Whether you will participate face to face in Chicago or remotely via the internet,
we need your involvement.

Here is a link to show your interest and register:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GlobalICAs

This link is uniquely tied to this email and your email address. Please do not
forward this message.  If you would like to invite others, share their
info when you register, or send their email address to Jim Wiegel (jfwiegel at yahoo.com)

It is our hope that work will continue past the GARA dates and will be
self-directed. Please join us in this exciting new research direction! We would
love 100% participation from all the ICA’s. This is for you!

Additional sites like one dedicated to the GARA will be added as they are
created.

Thanks for your participation!

The GARA Design Team

Jack Gilles (jackcgilles at gmail.com)
David Scott (drdscott72 at gmail.com)
Gordon Harper (gharper1 at gmail.com)
Teresa Lingafelter (tlingafe at gmail.com)
James Wiegel (jfwiegel at yahoo.com)

For more information, view the August Wind and Waves

<http://ica-international.org/windswaves-mag/2014-august/vol-4-august-2014.htm>

Jim Wiegel

The great advantage of living in a large family is that early lesson of life’s essential unfairness.”   Nancy Mitford

401 North Beverly Way,Tolleson, Arizona 85353

011-623-936-8671 or 011-623-363-3277
jfwiegel at yahoo.com
www.partnersinparticipation.com

Upcoming public course opportunities:
ToP® Facilitation Methods:    Sep 9-10, Nov 18-19, 2014 Click to watch video.
ToP® Strategic Planning:  Oct 7-8, 2014 Click to learn more.
Facilitation Mastery: The Mastering the Technology of Participation program begins in Oakland on Nov 12-14, 2014 Click to watch video.
For online registration go to http://www.top-training.net
The AZ ToP® Community of Practice meets the 1st Friday, 1-4 pm, starting again on Sept 5th at ACYR, 648 N. 5th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85003
AICP Planners: 14.5 CM for all ToP® courses