[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA Sept. 9-01

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Tue Sep 9 18:24:26 PDT 2014

MON SEP  01 Stay Day at Chicagoland Skydiving Center, Rochelle, IL

I found myself waking up at 6am. I wonder if it has anything to do with the
fact that I regularly got up at 6am to go out to the barn and milk Spotty!
Since it was a Stay-Day there was absolutely no one up. I know where the
granola and yogurt is in the Kitchen Truck so I got my own breakfast. As
the morning wore on there were scattered showers. When the café/bar opened
we made another arrangement to have the Climate Justice Gypsy Band play.
There was no lunch out. Everyone was on rest! I went over to the café for
lunch. Ed was having lunch with a Rochelle city councilman. I joined them.
Ed recommended the fish-taco. So I ordered it and had lunch with the
councilman because Ed had to leave. We had an extended conversation. When
the waitress came back with the check, he insisted on paying the whole bill.

 Since we had a Sunday evening all-camp meeting, which was interrupted by
dinner and caused us to cancel our Sunday performance. We made it for the
Monday (Labor Day) performance. We played 4 or 5 numbers that the Climate
Justice Gypsy Band plays with singers, and then Izzy passed out his pile of
song sheets and we had something equivalent to Song Circle. The singers
were mostly Marchers, but there were a few out on the patio that joined in.
We started at 7pm and finished at 8:30pm just before it started sprinkling.