[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA Update Oct. 22

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed Oct 29 21:55:13 PDT 2014

*WED OCT 22* *Trinity Lutheran Church, Bedford to UMC Parsonage,
Breezewood, PA*

I used the MapQuest to examine today’s route. It showed a series of
1500-foot climbs. Once again (the 4th day) I made arrangements to ride in
the Gear truck.  Jeffrey printed out the songs and handed them to me before
Circle-up. I handed out *Which Side Are You On* but it didn’t catch on.
I’ll have to work at it. Kai saw the copy of *The Impossible Dream.* She
asked about it. I said it should be our theme song and started to sing it.
She sang along. We’ll need to give that a try too.

Doug and I did our usual enablement chores and got on the road. We spent 1
½ hours at the coffee shop though. I'll be delighted when we get through
the mountains and I can ride my bike again. If I'm not riding my bike I'd
like to be using my computer/internet to prepare for Citizens Climate Lobby
(CCL), or <climatechangeiselementary>. Those are activities I plan to
engage in when I return to CC, NV.

We arrived at the parsonage and the pastor greeted us. He had not received
permission from the congregation for us to use the church. His wife was in
the hospital because she had just lost their newborn child and he had the
parsonage to himself, and he offered it to us as a place to stay. It was a
cozy stay! My laptop wouldn’t hook up to his WiFi and he gave me permission
to use the computer in his office. I set up in a bedroom that had a double
bed. John Abbe took the double bed. Greg took another spot on the floor
with me and the bedroom seemed full. There were no meetings scheduled. 4
women—Judy, Miriam, Deb, and Kathy, chose to stay at a local motel. After
dinner people sat around and talked. I didn’t have anything anyone wanted
to talk about so I went to bed.

(*This computer must be getting tired of these reports because it keeps
changing font sizes for no apparent reason nor way to rectify!)*
-
Peace, David